Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Dogs and Christmas Trees
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Happy Birthday Jesus
- Creepy Uber Driver
- Poor kitten can't quite make it
- Not sure how he survived this
- Cool DIY Army Toy Soldier Halloween Costume
- Incredible Moment When A Father Of Four Hears Silence For The First Time
- The Dangers of Hanging Christmas Lights
Tag Archives: Heavy metal music
Posted on February 3, 2012
How Dave Mustaine is the founder, main songwriter, lead guitarist, and lead vocalist for Megadeth.
Posted on September 6, 2011
What does the music of Metallica have to do with God? According to author and pastor John Van Sloten, a lot. God can speak through their music – if we’re listening, he says. Van Sloten has built a church around the band’s music and lyrics and shows us first hand how God uses many things (including heavy metal music) to call his children home. In fact, Van Sloten shows how God can speak to us through anything and everything – heavy metal music, R-rated films, sports, and even the latest fashions. If you’re listening, his book The Day Metallica Came to Church might just change the way you hear God’s voice – and how you live in today’s world.
Posted on August 12, 2011
According to TMZ.com, investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the hotel room.
Warrant announced back in September 2008 that it was splitting with Lane six months after the band reunited with the troubled vocalist.
A little part of my junior high years died today. Chuck Klosterman wrote a a good piece on him here.
My favorite songs by them in order:
Sometimes She Cries
Uncle Tom’S Cabin
I Saw Red
- Jani Lane Of Warrant Found Dead (929dave.radio.com)
- Former Singer Of Warrant Jani Lane Passes Away (perezhilton.com)
- Warrant Singer Jani Lane Found Dead in a Comfort Inn [Video] (gawker.com)
- Mystery Note Left on Jani Lane’s Body Has Singer’s Family Incensed (foxnews.com)
- R.I.P. – Jani Lane (1964-2011) (heavymetaladdiction.com)
Posted on June 9, 2011
This is a picture of the first known all-African-American heavy metal band. Black Death formed in the late 1970’s and hailed from Cleveland, OH where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is located. Coincidence? I think not. Read about them here. Check out their music here on Amazon.
The dude standing middle in the back needs to work a bit on his metal face, but the rest of them pretty much blow my metal mind. (via 9GAG)
Recommended metal reading: Louder Than Hell: The Definitive Oral History of Metal