1. Infamous murderers Charles Manson, Harold Shipman, Frederick West, Saddam Hussein, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, and Jack the Ripper each have 13 letters in their names.
2. The fear of Friday the 13th is called Friggatriskaidekaphobia, and more than 60 million people worldwide claim to be affected by it. Napoleon and President Herbert Hoover were said to be sufferers.
3. In Formula 1, there is no car with the number 13. The number has been removed after two drivers were killed in crashes — both driving cars numbered 13.
4. President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal.
5. Sean Cunningham (Director) started advertising the movie Friday the 13th before the script was even finished.
6. Black Sabbath’s eponymous debut album was released in the UK on Friday, February 13, 1970.
7. The independent horror flick Friday the 13th was released in May 1980 and despite only having a budget of $550,000 it grossed $39.7 million at the box office in the United States.
6. Harry Manfredini (Film Composer) came up with the sound “ki ki ki, ma ma ma”, based on the line “Kill her mommy!” The creepiness of it was done by speaking the line and running it through a an echo reverberation machine.
7. The remake of the original Friday the 13th film was released on Friday, February 13, 2009.
8. Notable people born on Friday the 13th include Fidel Castro, notorious American train and bank robber Butch Cassidy, and Steve Buscemi (13 December 1957).
9. Tupac Shakur died on Friday, September 13, 1996.
10. The Uruguayan rugby team’s plane crashed in the Andes mountain range on Friday, 13 October, 1972.
11. Many hospitals and hotels have no room or floor 13, while airports don’t have a Gate 13.
12. Months with a Friday the 13th always begin on a Sunday.
13. Judas was the 13th guest at the last supper and that dinner party didn’t have the luckiest consequences. The idea that having 13 guests at a gathering is unlucky is not uncommon.
- “The dreaded Friday the 13th” (atcservices.wordpress.com)
- It’s Friday! The 13th. (tirelessthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Friday The 13th Isn’t Really Unlucky, But You Still Might Have Friggatriskaidekaphobia (weirdnews.aol.com)
- Check out the Friday the 13th movie collection