On the evening of September 11, 2001, thousands of Iranian people gathered in Madar Square, on the north side of Tehran, in a spontaneous candlelight vigil to express sympathy and support for the American People. They could have been executed for this act of bravery. Not saying people in that country weren’t cheering (cause many of them were), but more than 90 countries actually lost citizens on this day 14 years ago. There is always some good to find if you look hard enough.
Photos via LiveLeak
” 2001/09/11, thousands and thousands Iranians went instantly in the streets with candles in homage to the victims ”
” iranians mourn 9/11 victims ”
” Iranian Students are calling for pro-american demonstrations, marking 9/11 ”
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1#amo1gKQ3JUoXzdow.99
Some coincidental 9-11 foreshadowing going on in this Supertramp album cover from 1979. Never noticed it until now. Officially creepy.
Buy Supertramp “Breakfast in America” here.
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Random Stuff, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged 9-11, 911, Album cover, album covers, Music, NYC, SUPERTRAMP breakfast in america, terrorism, twin towers
The amount of shows and movies based in NYC is staggering. As a guy from Minnesota, I always kinda grew tired of seeing everything based in NY or LA. Of course, we have had our share here in Minnesota too. Okay well three: 1. Coach 2. Little House on the Prairie, and 3. The Mary Tyler Moore Show. If it weren’t for Tim Allen or The Coen Brothers, we probably wouldn’t have any films based here.
(via A Public Flogging)
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Funny Pictures & Videos, Minnesota
Tagged Coen Brothers, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Minnesota, New York City, NYC, Sitcom map NYC, Television, Tim Allen, TV shows based in Minnesota, TV sitcoms based in NYC
Dan Wilson/ Star Tribune photo by Jeff Wheeler
1. Minnesotans are a quietly proud bunch when it comes to our local celebrities. Songwriter-singer Dan Wilson (Semisonic) cowrote the Adele piano ballad “Someone Like You,” and is enjoying it’s No. 1 status. He writes a lot in case you didn’t know and won a grammy for co-writing the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.” (story)
2. This is why I don’t heroize. Martin Luther King Jr. tried to arrange a sex party during the March on Washington? (ABC News)
3. In case you haven’t heard, there was a homicide on 9/11 in NYC that remains unsolved to this day. I suppose the events of that day created the ultimate diversion for getting away with murder. (story)
4. Unreality Magazine published a gallery of celebs without eyebrows to demonstrate how having eyebrows helps us not look like escaped mental patients.
5. This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about politicians right now.
6. An honest letter to New Yorkers from a kid that “didn’t really care” about 9/11. (via McSweeneys)
7. Turn game night on its head with these awesome games from the mental_floss store. There are great educational games for the kids available too.
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Funny Pictures & Videos, Minnesota, Politics & Religion, Random Stuff, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged 9/11 stories, Adele, Celebrity eyebrows, Dan Wilson, Game night, Martin Luther King Jr, Minnesota, music news, NYC, Politics & Religion, Semisonic, unsolved murder