1. Minnesotans are a quietly proud bunch when it comes to our local celebrities. Songwriter-singer Dan Wilson (Semisonic) cowrote the Adele piano ballad “Someone Like You,” and is enjoying it’s No. 1 status. He writes a lot in case you didn’t know and won a grammy for co-writing the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.” (story)
2. This is why I don’t heroize. Martin Luther King Jr. tried to arrange a sex party during the March on Washington? (ABC News)
3. In case you haven’t heard, there was a homicide on 9/11 in NYC that remains unsolved to this day. I suppose the events of that day created the ultimate diversion for getting away with murder. (story)
4. Unreality Magazine published a gallery of celebs without eyebrows to demonstrate how having eyebrows helps us not look like escaped mental patients.
5. This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about politicians right now.
6. An honest letter to New Yorkers from a kid that “didn’t really care” about 9/11. (via McSweeneys)
7. Turn game night on its head with these awesome games from the mental_floss store. There are great educational games for the kids available too.
Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- The first known all-African-American heavy metal band
- Just when you thought all the good ideas were taken
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- The I'm 22 and date a 14-year-old starter pack
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
- Top Unisex Names of 2013
- The original Ouija Board was just supposed to be good clean fun
- The only known TIME Magazine cover typo
- Gray Duck? Are you kidding?
- McDonalds $1000000 Menu Song contest record from 1989