This is the sixth time the annual fair has been canceled in its history, and its first cancellation since 1946.
via MN Memes
Jackson, 36, was drafted by the Vikings in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft and played 10 years in the NFL, including five years in Minnesota where he went 10-10 in 20 starts while throwing for 39 touchdowns and 35 interceptions.
Jackson retired at age 32 following the 2015 season.
Jackson died in a car accident on Sunday night, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. He was 36 years old. The car accident happened in Alabama, where he grew up. Jackson was traveling on Pike Road near Antioch Lane, about 7 miles south of Montgomery, when his 2012 Chevrolet Camaro left the roadway, struck a tree and overturned, Carswell said. Jackson was taken to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Minneapolis Easter 2020
You are probably trying to be a good citizen, but you probably broke one of these outdated laws in Minnesota this week.
laws that are associated with Minnesota according to MinnesotaFunFacts.com. Let’s take a look and see how many of these we have broken.
- You can’t cross the state line with a duck on your head
- According to the State Law, Nursing Homes and Senior Centers are only allowed to host BINGO TWICE a week.
- You can’t be in the road if you are looking for a business or looking for a ride
- Minnesota “Declares Mosquitoes Public Nuisance”
- It’s against the law to stand around a building without any reason to be there
- You can’t cross over to Wisconsin with a chicken on your head
- Your bathtub MUST have feet
- If you own an elephant you can’t park it on Main Street
- No kid under the age of 12 years old may talk on the phone without a parent supervising. (Blue Earth, Minnesota)
- A wife can’t cut her own hair without her husband’s permission
- Men who drive motorcycles must have a shirt on
- Farmer’s can’t sleep with their animals (specifically pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens)
- If you are a male and live in Brainerd, by law, you must grow a beard
- If you throw a hoop skirt (not sure if they still exist) into the street or on the sidewalk, you’ll be fined $5
- If a cat is found stray, a police officer must kill it
- It’s against the law to allow any animals to sleep in bakeries in Duluth
- You can’t tease skunks
- If you own a red car, it’s against the law for you to drive it on Lake Street in Minneapolis
- This one is true as of 2010! You can’t be charged with drunkenness or public drunkenness
- Eating a hamburger on Sunday is against the law in St. Cloud
- If you kill a rat and bring its head to a town office, they’ll give you 10 cents for each one.
- Cow owners in Wayland can keep their cow on Main Street for 3 cents a day
- Do you have some mud on your tires? Well, it’s against the law for you to drive your vehicle on Minnetonka streets if it leaves behind mud!
- No Airplanes can be parked in city parks
- It’s against the law to walk down an alley
- You can’t sleep naked in the state of Minnesota
Minneapolis skyline by Logan Falzone
Rapid City South Dakota got a giant McDonald’s Quarter Pounder statue because they produce and consume beef than any other U.S. city. I guess it’s better than a meth lab statue. #SoDakProud
South Dakota anti-meth campaign
Minnesotans welcomed some unseasonably warm temperatures today. We responded accordingly.