On the evening of September 11, 2001, thousands of Iranian people gathered in Madar Square, on the north side of Tehran, in a spontaneous candlelight vigil to express sympathy and support for the American People. They could have been executed for this act of bravery. Not saying people in that country weren’t cheering (cause many of them were), but more than 90 countries actually lost citizens on this day 14 years ago. There is always some good to find if you look hard enough.
Photos via LiveLeak
” 2001/09/11, thousands and thousands Iranians went instantly in the streets with candles in homage to the victims ”
” iranians mourn 9/11 victims ”
” Iranian Students are calling for pro-american demonstrations, marking 9/11 ”
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1#amo1gKQ3JUoXzdow.99
Photographs appearing to show a blindfolded man having his fingers severed by the mechanical amputation device have been published by an official Iranian press agency.
According to the story, the prisoner used to demonstrate the brutal contraption had been convicted of theft and adultery by a court in Shiraz last Wednesday.
A series of pictures show three masked officials, clad entirely in black, holding the man’s right hand in a vice while one turns a wheel operating the guillotine in the manner of a rotary saw.
So yeah, hooray for human rights!
Photos via INSA
Posted in Politics & Religion, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged Amputation, crime and punishment, finger amputation, finger-chopping machine, INSA, Intelligence and National Security Alliance, Iran, law, Middle East, Shiraz
I think the general public might be a bit naive when they think of our mighty military. We might be able to kick some serious ass, we aren’t the only ones harnessing some dangerous technology. Today, more than 50 countries are using or developing unmanned aerial vehicles, or “Drones.” Here are a couple that make me nervous. See a more complete list here. (via Wired)
China’s Pterodactyl I
Iran's Swallow comes equipped with a high explosive warhead. Can they fly to the U.S.?
Speaking out: Joshua Fattal, centre, and Shane Bauer, right, speak in New York after being released from prison in Iran. Source: CNN
1. Joshua Fattal and Shane Bauer were finally ransomed out of Iran and are back safely in the U.S. With all the places on the globe to hike, why would you go anywhere near there? They were either very stupid, or actually were spies. Maybe they were stupid spies?
2. Deformed puppy, rescued from trash, learns to walk. See story.
3. Did you hear about the California couple fined $300 by the city for holding a Bible study in their home? Story here. I have no problem holding a small Bible study in their home. It does appear that Charles and Stephanie Fromm had as many as 50 people at their home twice per week. I think it is time to move a group this large to a nearby church or community building.
4. I thought this was impossible for a human to do? Guess not. Kobayashi chugs a gallon of milk in 18 seconds.
5. Carlsberg beer takes a page from Punked and makes things very uncomfortable for some regular moviegoers as they encounter a theater FULL of bikers. Watch
6. If you don’t like your neighbor, you could always use creative gardening to get back at him.
Posted in Funny Pictures & Videos, Marketing & Advertising, Politics & Religion, Random Stuff, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged Bible Study fine, Biker prank, Carlsberg beer, Deformed puppy rescued, gardening, Good Neighbor, Iran, Joshua Fattal, Oman, Shane Bauer, spies