Repeated singing of Macklemore hit song, leads to violence.
FYI – Adele makes me violent.
1. 11 Things Wal-Mart Has Banned from its stores.
2. Jeremy Lin fever has officially become a worldwide epidemic. Go buy his jersey here. I like the Jeremy Lin away jersey.
3. The Kernel has been spotted in his own environment.
4. Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” has become the new “Drops of Jupiter.” #PlayedOut
5. All of the original members of Guns N’ Roses are to attend the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on April 14th. They haven’t said if they’ll actually perform together. They better…
Axl Rose, the lead singer and only original member of the current rock band Guns N' Roses, performs "Welcome to the Jungle" at the Forum in Inglewood, California on December 21, 2011. UPI/Jim Ruymen
6. Keep Portland weird, man! Bound, naked in a Subaru: Valentine’s Day role-playing ends badly.
Nikolas Harbar, 31, and Stephanie Pelzner, 26, are under arrest on charges of disorderly conduct in the second degree.
7. A new painting by artist by Jon McNaughton called “The Forgotten Man” is creating a stir.
8. The Food Police are out of control. A preschooler’s lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich with cheese, a banana, apple juice, and potato chips were deemed unhealthy by a state official in NC. It was taken away and replaced with chicken nuggets.
9. Irony defined: Man suffers heart attack while dining at Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas.
Posted in Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged Adele, Axl Rose, Basketball. Banned Wal-Mart, food police, Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses music, Heart Attack Grill, Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lin away jersey, Jeremy Lin gift, Jeremy Lin Jersey, Jon McNaughton artwork, NBA, New York, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Rolling in the Deep MP3, The Forgotten Man, Valentine's Day, Weird news
Dan Wilson/ Star Tribune photo by Jeff Wheeler
1. Minnesotans are a quietly proud bunch when it comes to our local celebrities. Songwriter-singer Dan Wilson (Semisonic) cowrote the Adele piano ballad “Someone Like You,” and is enjoying it’s No. 1 status. He writes a lot in case you didn’t know and won a grammy for co-writing the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.” (story)
2. This is why I don’t heroize. Martin Luther King Jr. tried to arrange a sex party during the March on Washington? (ABC News)
3. In case you haven’t heard, there was a homicide on 9/11 in NYC that remains unsolved to this day. I suppose the events of that day created the ultimate diversion for getting away with murder. (story)
4. Unreality Magazine published a gallery of celebs without eyebrows to demonstrate how having eyebrows helps us not look like escaped mental patients.
5. This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about politicians right now.
6. An honest letter to New Yorkers from a kid that “didn’t really care” about 9/11. (via McSweeneys)
7. Turn game night on its head with these awesome games from the mental_floss store. There are great educational games for the kids available too.
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Funny Pictures & Videos, Minnesota, Politics & Religion, Random Stuff, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged 9/11 stories, Adele, Celebrity eyebrows, Dan Wilson, Game night, Martin Luther King Jr, Minnesota, music news, NYC, Politics & Religion, Semisonic, unsolved murder
I’ve always admired Linda Perry’s honesty when it came to writing music. Simply put, she doesn’t care what people think about her or her music. She does what she wants and not what record companies want. That attitude may prevent her from ever becoming a super star, but it does allow her to sleep at night. She is probably more known (within the industry) for her song writing ability, but most of us unfortunately only know her for blessed/cursed song “What’s Up.”
So what does a woman who has written some awesome songs and produced starlets from Christina to Gwen to Pink have to say about music today? Well, she’s not a huge fan of Adele, although she’s glad that she exists (ooookay?). But of Katy Perry, yeah, she’s not that into it. In fact, Katy Perry is not “reinventing the wheel,” according to Linda Perry, which is sorta correct, if you consider that Katy Perry’s M.O. is basically, y’know, boobs. Lots of boobs. I do think Katy has some pretty catchy tunes though.