Search for topics here
Top stories this week
Watch this video of a gun rights enthusiast antagonizing the public and local police in an effort to demonstrate his “rights.” The man was carrying a rifle on his shoulder outside Lamphere High School in Madison Heights, MI that prompted a school lockdown.
It’s people like this that make responsible gun owners cringe. This guy clearly has no common sense and is totally insensitive to the school shooting phenomena we are experiencing in America today.
He isn’t helping any cause. He is a moron. He is lucky the police haven’t shot him yet.
When waitress Ashlee Saenz takes your order at Shooters Grill in Rifle, she not only carries a pad and pen — she also packs a loaded Ruger .357 Blackhawk handgun holstered on her leg.
Shooters Grill, located in Rifle, Colo., welcomes gun-totin’ customers.
The sign on the front door says, “Guns are welcome on premises. Please keep all weapons holstered, unless the need arises. In such cases, judicious marksmanship is appreciated.
Joe Biden tells women they don’t need an AR-15 for protection. He suggests just buying a shotgun. Like these ladies are holding…
This is hilarious until you realize this man is one heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world. All of a sudden it’s not quite as funny.
From uncrate: The trick with survival rifles is to actually have them when it comes time to do some survivin’ — and that’s hard to do with an oversized killing machine. The Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 Rifle ($275) is a semi-automatic firearm that sports an 8-round .22 LR magazine, and features a unique design that allows the receiver and the barrel to fit inside the impact-resistant, waterproof stock, making it perfect for keeping at the ready in a bag with clothes and supplies, or for hiding at a designated spot in the wilderness for retrieval post-shit hitting the fan.
Excellent for the paranoid gun enthusiast Kool-aid drinking conspiracy theorist in all of us. Also something very cool you can pull out next time your wife has book club.
Watch it in action here.
This is an actual radio ad for Keller’s Riverside Store in Mason, TX. He tells those who voted for Obama and Muslims that he will not allow them in his class.
If someone has a conceal and carry permit, you must tell a police office right away if you are carrying a weapon upon any stop. But what happens when the police won’t let you talk and tons of time goes by before they even start to question you in relation to their stop? Watch and see.
You gotta’ watch this video – all of it. Listen to how this rogue cop threatens the permit holder.
On June 8, 2011 the following unfortunate arrest took place in Canton, OH. Notifying the policy when you have a firearm is required by Ohio Law, but when this individual with a thirty-day old license tries to do that he is repeatedly ordered to look away, shut up, or interrupted and “forced” to change what he is speaking about by the actions of an aggressive cop named Daniel Harless.
A two-man car dealing with three people put itself at risk when one officer started what appears to be an illegal search of the rear of the car without extracting or securing the driver – which would have given him an opportunity to notify.
What follows is horrific example of a police officer losing all self-control, threatening to beat the female, threatening to beat the driver and eventually saying he should have executed him “and wouldn’t have lost any sleep over it” that night.
A couple of thoughts I had:
1. The cops used terrible judgement in securing the car and passengers inside of it. They violated countless procedural issues taught to every police officer in training.
2. You NEVER search a car with passengers inside of it.
3. The passenger and his “friends” did appear to be up to no good. They were in a known area for prostitution, with a known prostitute, at night, while carrying a firearm. None of this is illegal per se, but it is very stupid.
4. As a permit holder, I believe it is your duty to use common sense on when and where you carry. This person’s actions that night nearly cost him his life.
5. What you are seeing with this angry police officer is fear. This cop’s reaction was a result of realizing that he screwed up and could have been shot if the driver was a bad person. This “close call” infuriated him, and he took it out on the permit holder.
6. Daniel Harless was WAY out of line and should be moved to desk duty, if not fired. This is the kind of stuff that gives police officers a bad name with the public and can create a climate of anger that can put other cops in danger.
UPDATE 7/22/2011: Canton Police announced Thursday that the officer was relieved of all duties in June following an internal investigation complaint filed in this matter. The local Canton Repository has done some additional investigatory work into the officers and an excellent analysis of the video / audio posted online.