1. 11 Things Wal-Mart Has Banned from its stores.
2. Jeremy Lin fever has officially become a worldwide epidemic. Go buy his jersey here. I like the Jeremy Lin away jersey.
3. The Kernel has been spotted in his own environment.
4. Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” has become the new “Drops of Jupiter.” #PlayedOut
5. All of the original members of Guns N’ Roses are to attend the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on April 14th. They haven’t said if they’ll actually perform together. They better…
Axl Rose, the lead singer and only original member of the current rock band Guns N' Roses, performs "Welcome to the Jungle" at the Forum in Inglewood, California on December 21, 2011. UPI/Jim Ruymen
6. Keep Portland weird, man! Bound, naked in a Subaru: Valentine’s Day role-playing ends badly.
Nikolas Harbar, 31, and Stephanie Pelzner, 26, are under arrest on charges of disorderly conduct in the second degree.
7. A new painting by artist by Jon McNaughton called “The Forgotten Man” is creating a stir.
8. The Food Police are out of control. A preschooler’s lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich with cheese, a banana, apple juice, and potato chips were deemed unhealthy by a state official in NC. It was taken away and replaced with chicken nuggets.
9. Irony defined: Man suffers heart attack while dining at Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas.
Posted in Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged Adele, Axl Rose, Basketball. Banned Wal-Mart, food police, Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses music, Heart Attack Grill, Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lin away jersey, Jeremy Lin gift, Jeremy Lin Jersey, Jon McNaughton artwork, NBA, New York, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Rolling in the Deep MP3, The Forgotten Man, Valentine's Day, Weird news
Yes folks, this is happening. The food police are at it again. This time they are erecting billboards near venues that sell a lot of dogs. A billboard, located near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, from the Cancer Project of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine reads, “Warning: Hot Dogs Can Wreck Your Health.” The headline is accompanied by an image of a cigarette pack filled with hot dogs.
So how many packs of hot dogs are you up to per day?
The food police are out in full effect doing everything they can to shove their agenda down our throats. The latest example of this comes from the city I grew up in – Minneapolis. The Minneapolis Public Schools have removed chocolate milk from the lunchroom menu saying that it is making our children fat. Desserts have been off the menu since 2006. The chocolate milk kids drink at school may very well be the only calcium they get. Think about it.
It doesn’t stop here though. Some schools in Chicago think they know what diet is best for your child and have banned bag lunches from home.
Source: Deviant Art
The attack on McDonald’s continues too. The watchdog group called Corporate Accountability International argue that the iconic Ronald McDonald is to fast food and obesity what Joe Camel was to cigarettes and smoking-related health issues. The food police want him banned. McDonald’s is doing a half-hearted job defending him though. You won’t find him on their website or featured in any ads.
And let us not forget how San Francisco banned the Happy Meal toy unless the meal met certain nutritional standards. TIME had the nerve to ask if the crack down on McDonald’s went far enough.
Posted in Marketing & Advertising, Politics & Religion, Weird News Crazy Videos and Conspiracy
Tagged Chicago, child obesity, chocolate milk banned, fast food, fast food ban, Food, food laws, food police, happy meal toys, health, Joe Camel, McDonalds, Minneapolis Public Schools, Parenting, Ronald McDonald