Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Today in History: Ozzy Osbourne Bites the Head Off a Bat
- Tai Mai Shu - Chinese Freestyle Rap (UNCENSORED)
- Minneapolis plane crashes in the 1950s
- Child Stars Then and Now
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Kurt Cobain death scene photographs released
- How to determine the age of your artificial Christmas tree
- Before you guys get excited about Lindsay Lohan posing nude for Playboy...
Tag Archives: religionImage
The Pastor of this church is throwing down some serious holy ghosts.
In January the Satanic Temple announced plans to erect a monument glorifying the Dark Lord on the front lawn of the Oklahoma Statehouse. An Indiegogo campaign was launched with what seemed like a somewhat lofty goal of $20,000, but by the time donations ended almost $30,000 had been raised. Now an artist trained in classical sculpture is toiling away in New York, crafting a Baphomet figure sitting beneath a pentagram and flanked by two children gazing upward in loyalty. When it is finished, it will be cast in bronze and, the Satanists hope, eventually displayed in Oklahoma.
The statue is a direct response to the state’s installation of a Ten Commandments monument outside the Capitol in 2012. State Representative Mike Ritze paid for the controversial statue with his own money, and therefore it was considered a donation and OK to place on government property. Following that line of reasoning, the Satanic Temple submitted a formal application for their monument.
As Trait Thompson of the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission told CNN last December, “Individuals and groups are free to apply to place a monument or statue or artwork.” The applications are then approved or rejected by the Commission. Unfortunately, the state has placed a halt on issuing permits for any other monuments until a lawsuit filed by the ACLU against Ritze’s Commandments monument is settled.