The song was praised by Jon Bon Jovi as “the best ballad Mötley Crüe have ever written”. When informed of this Nikki Sixx laughed because of the gruesome meaning behind the song.
The song is about a girlfriend that Nikki Sixx had who he believed cheated on him with Jack Wagner, an actor on General Hospital, who had a song out called “All I Need”. Nikki switched the purpose of it and wrote his version and gave it to his girlfriend. Sixx wrote the song with no intention of recording it, but the rest of the band praised the song and it was recorded for the Girls, Girls, Girls album. In Nikki’s book The Heroin Diaries, there is a journal entry from the time when the song was written, and he explains that Tommy Lee was playing the song on the piano, and Nikki wrote the lyrics for the piano part.
Even though the video was not particularly violent (except for the lyrics), the video was banned from MTV, due to the realistic gruesome scenes depicting domestic abuse, murder, and subsequent arrest.
- Monday Music Rewind: School of Fish
- Monday Music Rewind: Material Issue
- Monday Music Rewind: Grant Lee Buffalo
- Monday Music Rewind: Imperial Drag “Boy or a Girl”
- Monday Music Rewind: Ginuwine – Pony
- Monday Music Rewind: Gino Vannelli – Wild Horses
- Monday Music Rewind: Soul Asylum – Summer of Drugs
- Monday Music Rewind: The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Monday Music Rewind: When in Rome
- Monday Music Rewind: Sleaze Rock