Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- J. Edgar Hoover gave Shirley Temple a fountain pen that emitted tear gas
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Looks like I'm free to get back out into society
- Top 10 Names of Douchebag Guys
- Before you guys get excited about Lindsay Lohan posing nude for Playboy...
- Today in history: The day the music died
- The most touching suicide prevention thing I have ever seen
- Wall Bunk Beds
- When you post photos of your kids, this is what we see
Tag Archives: ocean
Cool underwater photo shot of a wave breaking. Click photo for larger view.
A woman floating on her surfboard outside Santa Cruz, California, almost ends up being swallowed by a humpback whale. How they don’t frantically start paddling away is beyond me.
(via Blame it on the Voices)
- Humpback whales shock kayakers, surfer (cbsnews.com)
- Surfer Almost Swallowed by Whale in California (Video) (dailypicksandflicks.com)
- Close encounter kayaking with the humpback whales of Santa Cruz (holykaw.alltop.com)
The Lions Mane jellyfish (shown here) is the largest known spices of jellyfish. They measure about 8 ft in bell diameter. The largest known specimen was around 120 ft in length (longer than blue whales). These jellyfish live in the boreal waters of the Arctic, northern Atlantic, and northern Pacific Oceans. Pretty cool huh? I have been told that pictures 1 and 3 are Namura jellyfish. More on the Lions Mane Jellyfish here.