Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
- THE PHONE NUMBER +359 888 888 888
- L.A. Gear Girls
- The first known all-African-American heavy metal band
- Looks like I'm free to get back out into society
- Nature Valley Granola Bars
- 2013 Calendar
- The only known TIME Magazine cover typo
- Kurt Cobain death scene photographs released
Tag Archives: Nickelback
I’m now realizing these guys were the “Nickelback” of the 90’s.
Formation and members
Seven Mary Three formed in 1992 when Jason Ross and Jason Pollock met while attending The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. Originally an acoustic duo, Ross and Pollock split song-writing duties and performed with Ross singing and Pollock playing guitar. Later, drummer Giti Khalsa and bassist Casey Daniel joined the band, and the foursome played coffeehouses and clubs. Paul Smith of Megaphone contributed guitar tracks to Seven Mary Three’s second and third studio albums (Rockcrown, and Orange Ave.), and toured as an additional guitarist with the band in support of both albums.
The present members of the band are Casey Daniel, Jason Ross, Thomas Juliano, and Mike Levesque. Giti Khalsa has stopped touring with the band, but still performs on studio recordings.
Origin of group name
Jason Pollock revealed in The Cavalier Daily that they came up with the name while watching the 1970s TV series CHiPs. ‘7 Mary 3’ was the call sign for Officer Jon Baker, who was played by actor Larry Wilcox. (7M3: police radio call sign; 7 designates the patrol beat, M for Mary designates that he is a motorcycle unit and 3 is his unit number.) Pollock noted, “There’s no great significance or anything. We were just tired of trying to think of a cool name.”
If you want to buy this single on MP3, click here.
- Monday Music Rewind: School of Fish
- Monday Music Rewind: Material Issue
- Monday Music Rewind: Grant Lee Buffalo
- Monday Music Rewind: Imperial Drag “Boy or a Girl”
- Monday Music Rewind: Ginuwine – Pony
- Monday Music Rewind: Gino Vannelli – Wild Horses
- Monday Music Rewind: Soul Asylum – Summer of Drugs
- Monday Music Rewind: The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Monday Music Rewind: When in Rome
- Monday Music Rewind: Sleaze Rock
- Monday Music Rewind: Motley Crue
- Monday Music Rewind: The Kinks
The pictures you want to remember. A song you want to forget.
C’mon Avril! Really?
Guess who is playing at this wedding? Yep, Nickelback… That will be one weird father-daughter dance.
BTW – the ring is 14-carats. Yeah, despite you hating on Chad Kroeger, he has done quite well for himself.