Here are some pictures of the only known typo to appear on the cover of TIME Magazine. It was published on this day in 1983. The typo appears in the upper right corner and shows a spelling of the word “control” as “contol.” All magazines were recalled, but some are still out there. These pictures come from an eBay listing I found.
Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- The first known all-African-American heavy metal band
- Just when you thought all the good ideas were taken
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
- I’VE BEEN POSTING MY LETTERS IN THE DOG POO BOX FOR TWO YEARS!
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Meanwhile in Korea
- Top Unisex Names of 2013