Here are some pictures of the only known typo to appear on the cover of TIME Magazine. It was published on this day in 1983. The typo appears in the upper right corner and shows a spelling of the word “control” as “contol.” All magazines were recalled, but some are still out there. These pictures come from an eBay listing I found.
Duck Duck Facebook!
Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- The only known TIME Magazine cover typo
- Adam Sandler's First TV Appearance on The Cosby Show
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- LowerMyBills.com banner ads are slowly killing me
- Terrified kids with the Easter Bunny
- Top cities in Minnesota cheating on their spouses
- Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth Tattoo
- Increase in strange sounds in sky being recorded
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
Pingback: The May issue of TIME | Duck Duck Gray Duck
Perhaps somebody thought they had to shave a letter so that the word could fit into that corner?
Good question! Put it on ebay and keep us posted!
I have one of these TIME Mags with the typo… what is it worth?