Apparently Katy Perry didn’t get the memo about the stricter dress code for the Grammy Awards.
View more Red Carpet photos here.
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Funny Pictures & Videos, Retro
Tagged 1996, 2pac and KISS, Grammy, Grammy Award, Hip hop, Kiss, Rock music, tupac and kiss, Tupac Shakur
Phil Collins announced his retirement yesterday. It trended on Twitter for a spell. When I heard he retired, I immediately assumed the Disney money train discontinued service on his street. The reason for hanging it up, though, according to this People magazine story, is to be a full-time father to his two young boys.
Phil Collins 1987
I have never been a big fan of Phil Collins, but I have never disliked his music either.
That being said, I decided to dig a little bit and see what I could uncover about this Grammy-winning musician.
10 things you might not know about Phil Collins:
- He was given a toy drum kit for Christmas when he was five. He practiced by playing alongside the television and radio and never learned to read and write conventional musical notation
- In 1970, he tried out for Genesis. The audition occurred at the home of Peter Gabriel‘s parents
- In 1982, he produced ABBA member Frida‘s solo album, Something’s Going On, which helped to spawn the title track, “I Know There’s Something Going On“
- “Sussudio” drew criticism from music reviewers for sounding too similar to Prince‘s “1999”
- Phil Collins uses Gretsch drums and Sabian cymbals. Until 1986, Collins played Paiste and Zildjian cymbals
- Collins made an appearance as himself in the 2006 PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, set in 1984
- Collins also has a lifelong interest in the Alamo. He has collected hundreds of artifacts related to the famous 1836 battle in San Antonio, Texas, narrated a light and sound show about the Alamo, and has spoken at related events
- Phil Collins is left-handed
- Phil Collins joined the long list of celebrities lampooned by South Park. It happened in South Park episode 51 entitled “Timmy! 2000”
- Phil is good friends with tennis legend Andre Agassi.
Posted in Books Music Movies & Entertainment, Celebrity News & Gossip
Tagged Andre Agassi, FHM, Genesis band, Grammy Award, music news, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Tarzan