This guy must be the realtor.
Hell House was first opened in October of 1991 and is a creative alternative to the traditional haunted house. It is a dramatization of real life situations. Each year over 10,000 people walk through its doors with an ambiguous expectation.
With Hell House now entering its 24th year, they attempt to keep that ambiguity going by offering new, fresh, in-your-face scenes and ideas. This year there are 7 scenes, with the walk-through taking an estimated 45 minutes (not including waiting in line). A tour guide will guide you through the maze-like walk-through. Each scene will give you a look into the real life issues that we deal with everyday.
Hell house is not meant for children under the age of 13. There are guns, blood, violence, intense scenes, and disturbing images.
The First Official LEGO Haunted House arrives in September, and it is AMAZING!
Fight your way through spider webs to enter Vamprye’s Haunted House, features unique “crooked” design, zombie and glow-in-the-dark ghosts!
- Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
- First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
- Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
- Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
- Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
- Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO elements.
- Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
- Measures 15.4″ (39cm) high, 9.4″ (24cm) wide and 7.5″ (19cm) deep
BUY IT HERE
SHOP FOR LEGO HERE.
I can’t believe it’s already that time of year. Tickets are on sale already for the scariest haunted house in the mid-west. If you have not experienced this, I highly recommend it. It is an adults only house of horrors that requires you to sign a waiver before entering. There is also a safe word provided at the beginning of the tour in the event that you cannot take it and want to leave.
At every turn, visitors are faced with a grotesque perversion of the mundane, turning everyday actions into fresh terrors. With inspiration drawn from personal experiences and commonplace moments, The Haunted Basement is real life twisted on itself, pushing the boundaries of Art and Theatre. Each visitor is the protagonist in their own unique horror story, choosing between options and discovering how long they can last before their courage fails them.
Buy tickets here.
Watch The Haunted Basement 2011 mini-documentary from MPLS.TV
Check out these funny pictures of people scared shitless at a haunted house. The photos you see here are people’s actual reactions during the scariest moment of the haunted house’s tour. Must be a real shock from the looks on these faces! It’s part of the Nightmares Fear Factory’s photostream. Good stuff. (via The Daily What)
View all of them here.