Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- Hans Solo season has begun
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Helicopter seeds are pure evil
- Why you can never tell a dog a knock knock joke
- Joe Biden's eyes creeped me out last night
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Sit Down Dancing with Bonnie Noll
- Cool DIY Army Toy Soldier Halloween Costume
- Today in History: Ozzy Osbourne Bites the Head Off a Bat
- Hangin’ With The Homies Air Fresheners
Tag Archives: disease
The New England Journal of Medicine looks through 200 years of back issues to understand how we die differently.
The first thing to notice here is how much our mortality rate has dropped over the course of a century, largely due to big reductions in infectious diseases like tuberculosis and influenza.
Think about that if you are a parent thinking about not vaccinating your kids.
A new interactive U.S. map shows U.S. data on diagnosed rates and cases of HIV. With just a few clicks, it shows county-by-county HIV cases and rates, and the epidemic’s patterns by gender, poverty, ethnicity and other demographics. In Hennepin County at least 249 of every 100,000 people are living with HIV. Click here to see the map in action and look up your hometown. (via Wired)