Here are some pictures of the only known typo to appear on the cover of TIME Magazine. It was published on this day in 1983. The typo appears in the upper right corner and shows a spelling of the word “control” as “contol.” All magazines were recalled, but some are still out there. These pictures come from an eBay listing I found.
Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Today in History: Ozzy Osbourne Bites the Head Off a Bat
- Sleepy Mountaintop
- Quarantine Drumming: In the Air Tonight solo
- Kurt Cobain death scene photographs released
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
- Moron drug dealers get paranoid trafficking and call 911 on themselves
- I’VE BEEN POSTING MY LETTERS IN THE DOG POO BOX FOR TWO YEARS!
- Coronavirus PSA done right
- First Look: Usher pictured for the first time as Sugar Ray Leonard