Fountains of Wayne is an American power pop band that formed in New York City in 1996. The band consists of members Chris Collingwood, Adam Schlesinger, Jody Porter and Brian Young.
Initially the band went by other names, including Are You My Mother? and Woolly Mammoth, before settling on Fountains of Wayne, taken from a lawn ornament store in Wayne, New Jersey. The store was located at the intersection of U.S. Route 46 and New Jersey Route 23, not far from Montclair, New Jersey, the hometown of the band’s bassist and co-founder Adam Schlesinger. The store can be seen in The Sopranos episode “Another Toothpick” as well.
The store went out of business in 2009.
Buy this song here.
- Monday Music Rewind: School of Fish
- Monday Music Rewind: Material Issue
- Monday Music Rewind: Grant Lee Buffalo
- Monday Music Rewind: Imperial Drag “Boy or a Girl”
- Monday Music Rewind: Ginuwine – Pony
- Monday Music Rewind: Gino Vannelli – Wild Horses