Berra was one of the greatest catchers in baseball history, but he may be remembered more for his hilarious utterances, or “Yogisms.”
Here are some of the best.
1. “You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.”
2. “I never said most of the things I said.”
3. “You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.”
4. “If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”
5. “Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.”
6. “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”
7. “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
8. “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
9. “You can observe a lot by just watching.”
10. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.”
If you are a big fan of Yogi Berra, you might be interested in these books.
You must be logged in to post a comment.