Max Alfred “Maxi” Elliot (born 10 June 1961) is a British reggae vocalist of Jamaican descent. He is best known for singing reggae music with a R&B influence, otherwise known as reggae fusion, and became one of the first international successes who regularly dabbled in the genre as well as being one of the most successful reggae fusion acts of all-time.
He is one of only two British reggae acts (along with UB40) to have an American Billboard number one: “Close to You” in 1990. A duet with Roberta Flack, “Set the Night to Music”, reached the American Top Ten in 1991. His duet with Shaggy in 1996, “That Girl”, was also a hit in the United States, peaking at number twenty.
The song “Close to you” reminds me of Junior High dances.
- Monday Music Rewind: School of Fish
- Monday Music Rewind: Material Issue
- Monday Music Rewind: Grant Lee Buffalo
- Monday Music Rewind: Imperial Drag “Boy or a Girl”
- Monday Music Rewind: Ginuwine – Pony
- Monday Music Rewind: Gino Vannelli – Wild Horses
- Monday Music Rewind: Soul Asylum – Summer of Drugs
- Monday Music Rewind: The Jesus and Mary Chain