Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Minnesota Wild Playoff TV Schedule 2015
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- Big leech found in Malaysia after flood
- Record northern pike story lives on
- I’VE BEEN POSTING MY LETTERS IN THE DOG POO BOX FOR TWO YEARS!
- Weird Sex Disorders
- Cool clock design
- Kurt Cobain death scene photographs released
- Wizard "Nose" Costume
Tag Archives: Twins
How does a team make their fans feel miserable? Losing a lot is one way. But so is the tease, building up their hopes before letting them down. Teams from these 10 cities have toyed with their fans the most over the years. Misery points are awarded for postseason records – the later you lose the more points you get – supplemented by other factors like fewest championships per season and the length of a city’s current championship drought. Candidates are limited to those cities with at least 75 cumulative MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL seasons.
No. 9: Minneapolis
Teams: Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves, Lakers, Wild, North Stars
Championship Round Record: 7-8
Semifinal Round Record: 12-18
Last title: 1991
The Vikings were 0-4 in Super Bowls long before the Bills were.
I needed therapy after the 2009 Vikings season.
Last night, the Minnesota Twins gave retiring Yankee pitcher Mariano Rivera a rocking chair made with bats he has broken over his career.
Cool gesture, but I still hate the Yankees.
I still can’t believe this dude was a Twin and they couldn’t get the best out of him.
Toronto Blue Jays close in on R.A. Dickey trade with New York Mets: Griffin (thestar.com)
Joe Mauer got married over the weekend to his girlfriend Maddie. Congratulations Joe.
Here’s a link to Dustin Morse’s Instagram. Also in attendace at Joe and Maddie’s wedding were current teammates Brian Duensing and Glen Perkins, and former teammates Jesse Crain and Orlando Hudson.
Thanks for sending David K.
The Nationals announced that they acquired center fielder Denard Span from the Twins for minor league right-hander Alex Meyer. Alex Meyer is a 6-foot-9 right-hander selected 23rd overall by Washington in the 2011 draft. Twins fans should be excited. This guy is known to be a power pitcher with a lot of upside. Twins owners better check the height of their dugout though.
What do you think?
Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder is an avid Cubs fan. For years, however, he called the Red Sox his favorite American League team. Not anymore. When former general Theo Epstein bolted for the Cubs over the offseason, Vedder dropped his Boston fandom and switched allegiances, calling the Twins his favorite AL team.
Is being a Twins fan Gods way of punishing Vedder for Vitalogy?
Joe Mauer got engaged over the weekend, and rumor has it that he tore several ligaments when he got down on one knee to propose. The Twins catcher, proposed to fellow Cretin-Derham Hall graduate Maddie Bisanz who is a nurse, so I’m sure he’s in good hands.
So what do you get a baseball player with a $184 million contract? Here are some things that might be on his gift registry.
- A pair of gold-plated crutches
- Bilateral leg weakness cream
- Clairol sideburn hair color
- A diamond encrusted Medical ID Alert Bracelet
- Drew Butera (to walk down the isle on the big day if Mauer isn’t 100% after the rehearsal dinner)
- Steroid infused wedding cake
- Abbott & Costello’s Who’s on First DVD
- A wedding band designed to look like a World Series Ring
- The classic game “Operation” by Hasbro
- A “get well soon card”
- A travel sized x-ray machine
All kidding aside, Minnesotans are happy for you Joe. Hope you can make it past first base on your wedding night.
Shop Twins and Mauer gear here.
What else do you think is on his registry?