Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- STIHL Manscaping Kit
- Record northern pike story lives on
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Men's fashion that will make you stab your eyes out
- Sex-related news blooper compilation
- What have them Duke boys gotten themselves into this time?
- Gray Duck? Are you kidding?
- Popeyes Yelp review
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
- Podcast Season 1 – Episode 7 – Part 1
Tag Archives: Prince
Prince as a dove crying a purple tear print by sleepybowie
Sometimes an Etsy item can just speak to your heart.
More Prince stuff here.
The Best Music Venues in America
1. Norva in Norfolk, VA
2. First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN
This downtown Minneapolis club opened in 1937 as a Greyhound depot, but the history of First Avenue as we know it begins with Prince. Throughout the Eighties, he and the Revolution were sort of the house band here – you can see it in all the famous concert scenes in Purple Rain. The club was also a key staging ground for the city’s punk-and-hardcore scene, starring the Replacements, Husker Du and Soul Asylum. Today’s fans still love the no-frills vibe and killer acoustics, even if waiting in line during a Minnesota winter can be a bummer. “Plus,” says hip-hop star Talib Kweli, a regular headliner, “I saw [famous rapper’s name redacted] deck an undercover cop and hop in a cab and get away at the club.”
Fun Fact: Prince reunited with his classic band, the Revolution, including Wendy and Lisa, at First Avenue early last year. Questlove DJed the post-show party.
3. 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.
4. Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN
5. Metro in Chicago, IL
6. Continental Club in Austin, TX
7. The Fillmore in San Francisco, CA
8. The Troubadour in West Hollywood, CA
9. Middle East Downstairs in Cambridge, MA
10. Bowery Ballroom in New York, NY
Spoken only the way a master musician can speak regarding music today.
A new Prince song titled “RnR Affair” (“Rock & Roll Love Affair” ) is a throw-back poppy track that is reminiscent of the old stuff we loved from our beloved Minnesota music export. Listen to it below.
Prince is also rumored to be dating his new young protégé Andy Allo. Allo’s new album was executive produced by Prince and features three songs he co-wrote.
Prince released the “Batdance” single in 1989 and it anchored the Batman movie soundtrack. The Purple One would don a different guise — as a Joker/Batman/Two Face tribute named Gemini — for the “Batdance” video (Also, Vicki Vale) which you can’t view on YouTube cause Prince prohibits it (sigh). You can see it here though. You can also buy the single here.