Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- Rules for parents with kids who play baseball
- Every time I look at Sarah Jessica Parker
- Pictures from Joe Mauer's wedding
- I’VE BEEN POSTING MY LETTERS IN THE DOG POO BOX FOR TWO YEARS!
- Gray Duck? Are you kidding?
- Baby Eviction Notice
- Shiba Inu suspenders
- Record northern pike story lives on
- Old pictures of Axl Rose and Stephanie Seymour
- Age of consent map
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- Giant Wolf Eel caught from Alaskan fishing boat
Tag Archives: kids
Ukraine is doing it right. This gigantic slide in Ukraine was transformed from a retired airplane. I wish this existed in my neighborhood. (via)
In this video, 4-year-old Gavin, who is completely blind, uses his cane to step down a curb for the first time. You can tell he was unsure, yet, he gives us a lesson in bravery. He has been using his cane independently for a few months now and his family has been working with him on navigating steps, curbs, and stairs.
The video is touching and may result in joyful crying with snot bubbles.
To read more about Gavin, and Leber Congenital Amaurosis (LCA), the extremely rare condition that has caused complete blindness, please visit the below sites. We are working on a cure for the LCA-NMNAT1 gene mutation causing his rare blindness, where there are only 150 in the United States with this specific condition. Here are some books about LCA.
WTF? This is shocking.
Go home and unplug the TV and computer if you have kids.