Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- Wizard "Nose" Costume
- What the ladies from Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love” video are doing today
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- Most hated baby names
- I fought wars for you
- The progression of "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson
- A guy with an extra face on the back of his head
- Is this the most inappropriate Halloween costume for 2014?
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Street Gang Signs and Symbols
Tag Archives: Architecture
The late Girard “Jerry” G. Henderson, an entrepreneur who made his fortune at Avon Products and a strong desire to protect his family from the atom bomb, spent millions creating the perfect nuclear hideaway. Now his 16,000-square-foot underground house, situated in southeast Las Vegas at 3970 Spencer St., is on the market. (Click here to go to the listing.)
Check out more amazing photos of this 70s era underground bunker here.
‘Nightmare On Elm Street’ House Is For Sale
At over 828 metres (2,716.5 feet) and more than 160 stories, Burj Khalifa in Dubai holds the following records:
- Tallest building in the world
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world
- Highest number of stories in the world
- Highest occupied floor in the world
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
- Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
- Tallest service elevator in the world
Read more about the The Bennett School for Girls in Millbrook, NY here. Several attempt to redevelop the property failed in the 1980s. The plan now is for condominiums. I hope the ghosts have other plans. ;)
There is a new hotel in Dubai that is half-submerged, complete with underwater rooms offering views of life below the surface of the sea. It’s called the Water Discus Hotel.
The underwater section is located up to 10 metres deep and is composed of 21 hotel rooms adjacent to the submerged dive center and a bar.
A special lighting system will illuminate the flora and fauna outside and the highest technology in the rooms will allow guests to zoom in and take a closer look at even the tiniest creatures using macro photography.
Read more here.
Guadalajara-based architects Hernandez Silva Arquitectos recently designed the interior of a new penthouse situated on top of a 1970s Mexican colonial building in Guadalajara, México. A notable feature of the home is a powder room situated atop an unused 15-story elevator shaft.