Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- Wizard "Nose" Costume
- What the ladies from Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love” video are doing today
- If you were to look at this in person, you would die instantly
- Most hated baby names
- I fought wars for you
- The progression of "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson
- A guy with an extra face on the back of his head
- Is this the most inappropriate Halloween costume for 2014?
- Woody Harrelson finds lost phone
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
Category Archives: Retro
Just when I start to feel cool, my feelings become invalid.
A police officer sits on his motorcycle / mobile holding cell. (1921)
A young Osama Bin Laden with his family in Sweden during the 1970s. He is second from the right in a green shirt.
If you’re a child of the 90’s, you’ll love this.
At no point between “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and “Nookie” was the alternative bubble more booming than 1994. A record breaking eight alt-rock albums topped Billboard that year, and Lisa Loeb’s “Stay” let alternative nation plant a rare flag atop the singles charts. The Offspring sold more of their indie label record than Pink Floyd did on their major label record. Green Day stole Woodstock ’94 from Bob Dylan. New Kids on the Block broke up and Earl Sweatshirt was born. Here’s the 40 best albums from the year where the losers finally won.
I would not have ranked them in this order, but it is a solid list.