Narcissism is having a grandiose or inflated sense of self– being a “legend in your own mind,” and thinking that you’re better than other people or better than you really are.
Narcissism is a trait that most people have some of in their life, but when it reaches a certain level, it can be diagnosed as a disorder or condition, he said. There are certain signs that become more evident over time such as people always turning the conversation back to themselves, as well as an arrogant attitude, or a brazenness about self-promotion.
The trait appears to be on the rise– two thirds of college students in America in the 2000s had narcissism scores higher than the average student in the 1980s, he reported. Social media and “selfie” photography are newer tools that narcissists sometimes use to promote themselves or make themselves look good.
Take the Narcissistic Personality Quiz at PsychCentral to find out if you are a legend in your own mind.
If you feel like you are having a heart attack, you only have about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness. If you are alone, here is what you can do to save your own life.
- Cough repeatedly and very vigorously.
- Take a deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest.
- A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.
- Try to do this while calling 911 to get them in route to your home or location
Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm.
Share and maybe you’ll save a person’s life.
via Bits and Pieces
“So What’cha Want”. Starring the Swedish Chef, Animal, and Beeker.
The United States will take on Belgium today for some serious World Cup action. Since Americans are still learning how to be soccer fans, it only makes sense to learn a bit about Belgium. Let’s face it, you’ll never probably be more interested in this country anyway. Here are some fun facts.
- Actress Audrey Hepburn was born in Brussels
- Brussels Airport is the world’s biggest selling point of chocolate
- Belgian mathematician Lambert Adolphe Quetelet invented the
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Jean-Claude Van Damme, “The Muscles From Brussels”
- The Belgian Adolphe Sax invented the Saxophone
- French Fries are actually from Belgium
- Marvin Gaye wrote Sexual Healing in Ostend, Belgium
- The Smurfs are from Belgium
- Belgians pay some of the highest tax rates in the world, around 40% of their gross earnings. Taxation represents 45.6 % of the country’s GDP