Search for topics here
Top stories this week
- Gray Duck? Are you kidding?
- What the ladies from Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love” video are doing today
- A tell-all book about the KQRS Morning Show
- Why the My FedEx Rewards program isn't worth it
- Record northern pike story lives on
- The Minnesota Halloween blizzard of 1991
- I’VE BEEN POSTING MY LETTERS IN THE DOG POO BOX FOR TWO YEARS!
- Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth Tattoo
- Congratulations! You got grounded!
- Things that exist: Fart Blocker
Category Archives: Love, Parenting, and Relationships
I highly doubt this guy knew the glass would break. He’s fired up nonetheless.
Harold Hamm, the chief executive of oil driller Continental Resources who is embroiled in a bitter divorce, offered to pay his former wife $974.8 million, but she rejected a hand-written check, lawyers for both sides said on Tuesday.
Hamm’s offer would have paid his ex-wife, Sue Ann Arnall, immediately the full cash value of what he owes based on a November divorce ruling by an Oklahoma County judge.
The lawyers said Arnall did not want to accept the check for fear of hurting her appeal of that decision.
Arnall, a former Continental executive who was married to Hamm for 26 years, contends that her award of around $1 billion in cash and assets was inadequate and allowed Hamm to keep the lion’s share of a fortune her lawyers valued as high as $18 billion.
Hamm had already paid his former wife more than $20 million during the divorce proceedings.
Hamm’s appeal contends that the $1 billion award was too steep. Hamm has lost billions tied to the value of his 68 percent stake in Continental in recent months, which his legal team blames on the sharp fall in oil prices.
Cody’s marriage proposal involved a box full of letters and a video camera. The result was a woman becoming a puddle of goo while realizing the letters spelled “WILL YOU MARRY ME?”