1. Robin Williams attended The Juilliard School like other famous alumni such as, Kevin Spacey, Kelly McGillis, Kelsey Grammer, and Val Kilmer.
2. Robin Williams won his audition for Mork and Mindy by standing on his head when asked to sit down.
3. Williams stepped out of character in a tense, low-key thriller movie called One Hour Photo. It was creepy. Check it out.
4. Williams, along with Billy Crystal, appeared in a cameo together at the beginning of an episode of the third season of Friends.
5. While studying at Juilliard, Williams befriended Christopher Reeve. They had several classes together in which they were the only students, and they remained good friends for the rest of Reeve’s life. Williams visited Reeve after the horse riding accident that rendered him a quadriplegic, and cheered him up by pretending to be an eccentric Russian doctor (similar to his role in Nine Months). Williams claimed that he was there to perform a colonoscopy. Reeve stated that he laughed for the first time since the accident and knew that life was going to be okay.
6. Williams was a member of the Episcopal Church. He described his denomination in a comedy routine as “Catholic Lite—same rituals, half the guilt.”
7. Williams was an avid enthusiast of video games, even naming two of his children after game characters.
8. The majority of the dialogue in the Disney film “Aladdin” was ad-libbed by Robin Williams.
9. “Doctor Who” and “Star Trek” are listed as two of Robin Williams’ favorite television shows.
10. Denzel Washington was preferred over Robin Williams in the lead role of Joe Miller in “Philadelphia”.